Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day From SNL

I don't know if any of you watch Saturday Night Live, but I think it's pretty funny. This weekend they had a couple of different bits about mothers and Mother's Day. The first was a Digital Short with Andy Samburg and Justin Timberlake. It is a continuation of their D*&^ In A Box video from last year. This one is called MotherLover.

This also did a fake commercial (which is still one of the funniest things they do in my opinion) for a product called The Mom Translator. The Mom Translator helps kids understand who their mother is talking about when she butchers a celebrity's name. This is particularly funny for me because my mom is notorious for doing this.

When I was a kid I asked for the new Boyz II Men tape for Christmas. My mother called they Boise 11 Men. She also used to refer to the band The Gin Blossoms and "that Jim Blossom guy."

So maybe I need some sort of application for the Mom Translator that works on band names as well as celebrity names. Love you Mom!

3 comments:

  1. That Mother Love song is so disgusting...I think I may have thrown up in my mouth a little bit just listening to it. I did however love the **** in a box sketch several months ago. I'm not a huge Timberlake fan, but he is GENIUS on SNL. Just about every skit is hilarious. The PlasticVille songs make me Laugh Out Loud.

    PS: went to type in the comment verification nonsense word--it was 'suckma'. Is that not perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I expected you of all people to like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of gal you take me for? ;)

    It's just....eww.....*shudder*.... Think about your best friend's mom...now think of this song...

    ReplyDelete