Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Power of One Hand

So we added child #3 to our clan just over a week ago. Henry Boone is a very health, handsome baby boy. He has a great demeanor and is eating like a horse. But he is reminding me of a lot things I had forgotten about newborns.

The number one thing I had forgotten was just how many things I can do with one hand. In just 10 days I have done laundry, checked e-mail and gotten dressed with one hand. And I have to say that getting dressed with one hand is not easy.

All of this speaks to the resourcefulness of parents in general and SAHMs in particular. People in the business world always talk about multi-tasking. You know, being on a conference call while checking e-mail and signing some documents. Wow, quite impressive!
But I think SAHMs have the concept of mutli-tasking down to an art. It amazes me all of things that my wife can do at the same time. We're talking about cleaning up the toys scattered throughout the living room, while entertaining 2 toddlers, soothing a newborn and enjoying a nice cup of coffee at the same time. And that's just a week and half removed from her 3rd c-section in 3.5 years. I can't wait to see what she can accomplish when she is actually healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment