Sunday, June 7, 2009

SAHMs Use Internet To Stay Connected

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while. It's been a busy time around our house with a 2nd birthday party and the start of summer (read: the pool finally opened!).

Regardless, I saw this article the other day and found it interesting. Not that this a shock to anyone reading this blog, but it seems as if SAHMs are using the internet to feel connected to the outside world.

I know that a lot of SAHMs have trouble connecting with people in the world outside of their house. My wife has this issue sometimes; it's hard being surrounded by toddlers and babies all day without having an adult conversation. But can blogging and Facebook really take the place of a real conversation?

Listen, I love blogging and Facebook, but there is no way conversing online can replace those personal connections. There is just no replacing personal interaction. But when those personal interactions aren't possible, I guess electronic connections will just have to do.

So do any of you use the internet as a means of connecting with the outside world while holed up in your house? Or is just something fun to do to pass the time?

1 comment:

  1. Great info here. I hope that everyone has a fantastic holiday season!

    ReplyDelete